Author: Marty Matthews
Date: February 2008
Get up and running on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 with ease.
This hands-on guide covers all the essentials of deploying and administering the latest release of Microsoft's powerful, versatile network operating system. Using clear screenshots and step-by-step instructions, Microsoft Windows Server 2008: A Beginner's Guide shows you how to set up the server, migrate from earlier versions, and handle networking, administration, storage, and security. You'll also get details on the new Web tools and management utilities available in Windows Server 2008.
- Install, configure, and deploy Windows Server 2008
- Set up and manage a network
- Work with Active Directory and Domains
- Set up communications features and an Internet connection
- Install, customize, and maintain Internet Information Services (IIS) 7
- Configure a VPN server and client
- Set up Terminal Services and Remote Desktop
- Manage storage and file systems
- Secure your Windows Server environment
- Set up and manage printing and faxing
- Use the built-in management tools, including Server Manager and group policies
PDF | 14.3 MB